Colombia: The Risk is Choosing the Slowest Line at the Grocery Store and other stories
Fifteen hypothetical chapters (blog posts?) that would star in a work of non-fiction about my (ahem, first) year in Colombia.
- What Were My High School Teachers Doing On Weekends?
- I’m 94% Sure This Is Illegal In My Country
- ¿De Donde Eres?: The Conversation I’ve Repeated At Least 700 Times
- Using the Green-Eyed Gringa Smile to Get What You Want
- Seven Buses, One Day: How to Travel When You’re Too Poor for Airplanes
- Stretching The Volunteer Budget with Arepa Consumption
- Thanks, Capitan Obvio. You Are Correct In Pointing Out That I’m NOT From Here.
- Many People in the United States and Other Western Nations Would Not Be Comfortable With This
- There’s Gotta Be a More Efficient Way
- How to Spot Colombian Boyfriends Performing Mundane Tasks
- Using Interpretation and Secret Agent Skills to Figure Out WTF Is Going On
- Why Fairfield County-esque Schools Would Fire My Ass and Maybe Put Me in Jail
- Offensively Personal Questions and Public Violations of Personal Space
- Interpreting Mispronounced English Without Upsetting Sensitive Teenagers
- What Can I Climb or Jump Off Here?
- Things That Are Totally Obnoxious When Students Do or Say Them, But Hysterically Funny When It’s My Friends and Me